- re:health-Refugee First Response Center (RFRC). A standard shipping container transformed into a telemedicine facility. Six weeks from idea to execution to live implementation. Almost 4.000 translations since November 2nd 2015. What has come about through a spontaneous idea to “hack” a container and through our collaboration in the local community with both the department of public health and Universitätsklinik Hamburg-Eppendorf, underlines the primary purpose of “smart health”: to help people.
The RFRC unit can be transported anywhere, providing medical professionals with the tools and space they need to conduct proper medical exams at refugee camps. Using video translation services, medical professionals click one button and are connected with more than 750 specialized interpreters in more than 50 languages. This engagement has helped thousands receive medical attention, and already inspired a philanthropic donation of $1 million to build 10 more RFRC units.
- re:health-Ida Tin, CEO and co-founder of Clue, the world’s fastest growing period tracking and fertility app will talk about how we can use data to fill the gaps in the vastly under-researched field of female health and reproductive health.
- re:health-Health apps, add real value? True or Fake –
Join us in this exciting session where top influencers on mobile health will ‘fight’ to reveal the truth about this outstanding trend. Health apps are hot, moreover, they are a powerful market, the past years, an enormous increase in the number of available health-related applications (apps) has occurred, there are more than 165,000 mHealth apps in a market worth $489m. However, little is still known regarding the effectiveness and risks of these applications.
- re:health-Von der Neuroscience lernen wir, dass Gedächtnis und Navigation zusammenhängen. Die ‚innere Karte‘ denkt mit. Als Mittel, um im Zeitalter der Navis - und demnächst der autonomen Fahrzeuge – wieder innere Karten entstehen zu lassen, möchten wir eine Story-Map zur Diskussion stellen.
Keywords: Local Radio, Podcasts, Maps, Health
- re:health-Worldwide, anxiety and depression are the leading cause of disability, and the most prevalent mental health problems. Innovative, scalable and engaging intervention approaches that target these mental health concerns are urgently needed.
- re:health-How can we share knowledge, ideas, innovative technology and big data to help advanced research through mobile game play?
Experts of gaming, telecommunications and science discuss new ways to approach global healthcare issues.
- re:health-Mit zwei sehr unterschiedlichen und individuellen Erfahrungen bitten wir Kati Krause und Uwe Hauck zur Diskussion über Depression und Social Media. Was sind die Faktoren, die Medien wie Facebook und Twitter zu einer Stütze bei Depressionen machen können und was führt zum genauen Gegenteil?
- re:health-Hacking with Care is born from the magical encounter of Emily King, a massage artist, Jérémie Zimmermann, an internet activist, and friends with common good at heart. The collective explores well-being and care as components of hacking and activism, while also seeking to liberate care, and to inspire alliances between "caregivers" of different competences.
- re:health-Even within the industrialized world we cannot guarantee access to affordable essential medicine for everyone. In developing countries the situation is even worse.
Can crowdfunding provide money for the production of out-of-patent medicine? Can citizen science be used to supervise the pharma industry?
- re:health-Die Lage ist kompliziert: Welche Daten geben wir weiter, welche wollen wir für uns behalten? Verändert sich unser Empfinden, wenn es um Körper- und Gesundheitsdaten geht? Sind wir bereit, auch intime Körperdaten weiterzugeben, wenn smarte eHealth Anwendungen unseren Alltag wirklich verbessern? Unter welchen Voraussetzungen zahlen wir welchen Preis?
- re:health-The platform will provide medical experts with the possibility to advise colleagues in underserved countries from the home office, by providing expertise and quality ensured suggestions. The project explained in a brief sentence: We will establish a Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) from home.